Saturday, August 9, 2008



Whats cookin' good lookin'?
Braised lamb shanks...mmm

With Dave working so much at the moment, when he is finally home for a meal I really want to make it special! So I try and cook something yummy (or suggest somewhere nice to go...lol!)

The other night I tried a new recipe for Dave, as I know how much he loves lamb shanks. I found some at Fred Meyer, lamb is not always easy to find here in the states. But when I do, I buy it all up! Rosemary braised lamb shanks on garlic mash potato, with a glass of red wine...yummy! The Lamb slow cooked for over 2hrs in a mix of red wine, garlic, pearl onions, cherry tomato's, chicken stock, rosemary (from our backyard) and seasoning, very tasty!

Red wine Rosemary Olive Oil Vine ripe Tomato's The aroma was amazing and the taste was so comforting...



I found this recipe on a really wonderful website http://www.allrecipes.com/ you can type in what you have and it will find a recipe that uses your ingredients. It can also compile shopping lists for you using all the ingredients you need. Its pretty addictive and very inspiring when it comes to trying new recipes. Can't wait to try something else from here.

I am excited to learn some new cooking techniques and even more excited to see the look on Dave's face when I cook....the way to a mans heart really is through his belly!

No comments: