Saturday, August 23, 2008

Liberty Ridge Park is officially open for play!


The ribbon was cut the Mayor gave a speech the council members supported and the community turned out in droves....even the local newspaper was there!
What a successful opening ceremony for our wonderful community playground!


The kids were so excited to play on the new structure and make lots of new friends. Harry played with his school friends from down the street and Thomas played with his little buddy Miles from across the road.

I think the highlight of my day was meeting Norma McQuiller a city council representative who helped make the whole project happen. Norma is such an amazing advocate for the community. Not only helping create a real community here in Renton with all her wonderful community projects, but who is also a real local Renton resident so in touch with the community and its needs! Norma is someone who I really admire and respect a lot, it was great to finally meet the person who I am constantly reading about in the local paper with all the ways she gives to the community....Oh I could go on! I hope to work with Norma on some community projects in the near future.


Here is the group of wonderful people that made it all happen!
I love this playground and how it has brought a community together!

No comments: