Thursday, August 21, 2008

Its only a table....

Its amazing how sentimental and attached you can become to worldly possessions...I keep telling myself its just a table!
But its hard to see a table go that has so many wonderful memories around it....
Our first family Christmas, Birthday parties, Special romantic dinners, craft nights with the girls. Every little dent and scratch tells a story.

This was one of our first piece's of furniture purchased here in the states, something that said...we live here and not just on a vacation. The time has come to make room for bigger and better things. I have a new table on the way which I am so excited about.

Today I said good bye to my dining room table, I've passed it on too a good friend, just like so many of my friends have in the past with their furniture. Its gone to a good home!
The new table will seat 10 and is huge! We are looking forward to making many more wonderful memories around this table. Our next family Christmas, the boys next birthdays, dinner parties with friends and so many more.

As the table does not come with chairs, Dave and I have decided this Fall to search our favorite little antique stores for interesting and unique dining chairs to go with it. Its going to be fun!

The table arrives with in the next hour, I will post some pics when it gets here....I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Our growing family said...

love the table!! I have purposefully gotten all different and unique chairs for around our home-I LOVE the look! I hope you have a blast hunting for them!