Thursday, August 28, 2008

The excitement of a Kindergartner!


Tears of joy were running tonight! It was not only an exciting night for Harry but this mommy was so proud to see her big boy loving his new school. Tonight Harry had his open house at his new school, Bryn Mawr Elementary.... running eagerly through the big blue doors, huge grin on his face, looking for familiar faces, excited beyond belief! "Mommy is this really my school?"

We walked to his classroom and met his teacher for the first time, Mrs Wilson. She is just wonderful, enthusiastic, sweet and outgoing and we are lucky to have her as a teacher. We spoke briefly and a great impression was left on both Dave and me, not to mention Harry who has not stopped talking about her.

His class room is bright and colorful, with a huge playground just outside the windows. The kids each have a locker with their name's already marked on it, its so organized and ready, big school is about to happen!

I am sure this will be the first of many wonderful stories to come from school and we look forward to blogging all about his school experiences.

Here are some photos of Harry enjoying his first moments in his classroom....



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia,
I loved seeing pics of Harry's classroom. The room Todd was in was a dud when it came to decorations and learning opportunities that were hands on and creative. I LOVED to see your teacher's blue pocket chart about herself AWESOME and I loved to see her Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree in the background ( I had one in my Kinder class too). I am excited for you and Harry! We have such joy about Todd's 1st grade class and teacher and I can see that you will have that too. YEAH, Amber

Christina said...

Yay! I'm so glad things are going smoothly and that Harry is so excited! He is going to love it!

Jenn said...

oh my, if you are already emotional with just the open house...well, I just hope the first day goes smoothly.

Let me know if you need anything - that first time is harder on mama than it is on the little ones!
Hugs!

Our growing family said...

This is so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about his wonderful adventures! (and you do look good lady!)

Jill P said...

I love seeing how he's so excited...and I bet it's hard letting him go. It looks like a great classroom and school. So happy for you guys!