Friday, August 15, 2008

A good Karate school is hard to find!


Either I am just being a difficult mom or there really hasn't been that great of a Karate school yet! We are still on the hunt for the right Karate school for Harry and its proving harder than I thought!

We visited another local Karate school yesterday. Again just up the hill in Renton, Kim's Karate on Sunset. It was great timing as it was the beginners class. But beginner class for anyone and was mainly filled with adults. Harry was trying his hardest, but it was a huge class and he was just getting lost in the room. And for a first time student I didn't think it was very nice of the instructor to speak down to him and say "buddy, are you awake?" There were a few other kids there, but you could tell they had been doing it for a long time.

I don't think I am quite ready to throw him in the deep end yet and will keep looking until we find a Karate school that offers a kids only or kid friendly program catering to the interests and the attention span of a kid.

If anyone has had experience with putting their child into a Karate program I would love some feedback as to your experiences....thanks!

1 comment:

veronica antal said...

Hey Julia, Cushla has a school she likes for Quinn. I met the instuctors and they ewre good with kids. They did a thing at a local fare where they let the kids do different things. Miranda got to hit them with a plastic sword and break a padded brick in half. It really helped thier confidence. I thought of putting Miranda in the class. They are really made for kids. I think it is in Kirkland so I don't know if that is too far for you.