Friday, August 8, 2008

Kung Foo Harry....
Harry's first Martial Arts experiance


For months now Harry has been talking of wanting to do Karate. He is so keen to learn...its great! So today we finally had our first appointment to visit one of six local Martial Arts centers...yeah six, crazy! Anyway, before we went down I showed Harry online what the center is like and what the students wear...etc. He was so excited seeing it!

I explained to him that it is not a place to play games, that you need to be respectful and be a good listener if you want to learn. I showed him how to bow, very cute!

We jumped in the car, literally he was jumping for joy out the door! His enthusiasm is so wonderful to see. I really think this is going to be so good for him as he seems to be passionate and quite foccused about this.

So we pull up to the do-jong and walk in "mommy, is this really it? I can't believe it, I am so excited" said Harry with a squeal. Just a beautiful moment.

Harry meets the Tae Kwon Do master and bows, I was so proud! He remembered.

Before to long he was on the mats with the instructor taking different stances, jabbing, calling out Yah! and saying Yes Sir! He did so well at listening and following direction, as a mom I wanted to cry. I am really excited for him to start this and will post some pics of him in his uniform when we get it.
This is our first visit, I still want to check out the other local MA schools to make sure I have the right fit for him. So hopefully he will be starting before school starts in 3 weeks.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh - you have to keep me posted on how well this goes. I've been thinking about focusing AJ's energy...but, I didn't know where to start...