Friday, August 1, 2008

Night out with the girls.....
Beatles Laser Show & Cheesecake Factory

Finally a night out! Although it meant Dave would be home early and I would really love to spend the time with him, it's nice to get out with the girls minus the kids! It's been a few weeks after all and I was dying for some girl time!

Tonight was to be my first laser show experience. Not quite sure what to expect, I just wanted to get out with the girls, plus this sounded fun! A laser show to Beatles music in a huge indoor dome theater...Beatles music you can't go wrong!

So off I went to Sarah's house, we would all go in together from there...It was quite exciting to do something I had never done before. Its funny how life can become quite monotonous, same things day-in/day-out, you have to keep it fresh and try new things to make life fun!

Anyway, after running through the rain from the car park to the Science Center we finally got there. What a night! So much for summer, it was more like winter, I even had a sweater on....

We entered the dome building and found a spot on the floor. Its best if you lay down and look up. The room went dark, the music started and BAM! The lasers started dancing around the room to the beat of the music. How cool was that! They played some really good Beatles songs like Get Back and Hey Jude, two of my favs. It was quite a tripy experience and honestly you feel like you should have taken some kind of drug before hand to have the ultimate experience...lol!

After about 15 songs it was over, a fun experience and would do it again. I would love to see the Doors like this, although I would take a pillow to make it a little more comfortable (do I sound old or what...lol!)

The night was still young so we headed off to the cheesecake factory for desert! Yummo. Hmm what to get, it's never easy to decide as they have over 60 different cheesecakes to choose from. After recommending so many of my fav's to my friends I had no idea what to get so I tried something new.

OK, so I know I am working out with a personal trainer, hoping to lose weight. And Yes I felt guilty and yes I looked around to make sure he was not there to see me. But its cheesecake with the girls, who can say no to that!

So anyway, I ordered the tuxedo chocolate cheesecake. I had a bite then let everyone else have a bite, had a little more and took the rest home for Dave...so I wasn't that naughty!

Long story short, I had a wonderful night and can not wait to hang with the girls again....I feel so totally lucky to have the friends I have...love you guys =)

2 comments:

Jill P said...

I too had a great time, friends are so important! What could be better; The Beatles, Kid-Free Time, My Friends, and Cheesecake!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia, first time I've had a chance to look at your blog since we talked last. Love the stories and love the way you write, you should be a journalist. Love Grandma Cooper