Friday, July 11, 2008

Just Another Day in the crazy, busy life of a soccer mom!

Today was another beautiful summer day. The boys were still asleep and I actually got a shower before they woke....Aaaaaa! What a great start to the day.

Thomas was off to Soccer camp for his second last day and I had a fun morning with Harry all planned. We arrived at Soccer and Thomas was actually excited to be there. He ran down to the field bypassing the candy machines, which was a first! screaming soccer, soccer! Maybe he won't cry when I leave him today. But that was not to be! He screamed again, but thank goodness not for long, he really is getting better and the separation anxiety is lessening. He really does have a fun time and loves soccer with his little bud Noah!







Now for 2 hrs of special Harry time. I planned on spending our time together getting him enrolled in Karate and visiting a number of Taekwondo schools.


He's so excited and has talked about this for weeks now. After weeks of research online I made a list of all the local places to visit. We arrive and one after another all the places we planned to visit were closed...bad timing or what! I really wanted Harry to watch the kids in class all dressed in their cool white uniforms and to get a feel for it, to see if it's something he really wants to do. Disappointed, we will have to do this another time. He's still excited for his Karate!





Next we headed to 24hr fitness to get mommy motivated for working out....hahaha!
Finally, I bit the bullet and spoke with a personal trainer to help me with my motivation and help kick my butt. Just what I need, a drill Sergeant! We talked about my goals and how I would achieve it with his help. It was great and can not wait to get my "Get fit" (aka, loose the wobbly bits) program underway. I am very excited!

Dave has been working crazy hours....CRAZY!!!! I really should be saying Dave...Who? (sorry honey if your reading this, I miss you!) Anyway, work is stressful at the moment, with deadlines, meetings...etc, etc! So its been a little rough this week with the boys and the house. But Dave and I do get sometime in the late evenings, its usually watching Le tour De France together. We love it and try and watch it together every year. We hope to one day to see it for real...fingers crossed that will be another blog in years to come, watch out for that one!

Anyway, that was our day today. Its nice to end it at home, in our beautiful backyard enjoying the weather and each others company....We can do so much to stay busy, but it really is the simple things I love the most.

1 comment:

Our growing family said...

It sounds like it will be a summer to remember with all the fun activities! I bet you are going to love your personal trainer-you'll do great!

I'm going to be in the same boat w/you these next few weeks w/the hubby working long hours! =( pout! Hopefully, it will only be a few weeks though!
That was so neat about the lady paying for your starbucks too-so wonderful to see a good deed in this world! I love it!