Friday, July 11, 2008

My new favorite place to spend way to much money....

Today while the boys were in Soccer camp, Sarah and I got to have some more hang out time...whoo hoo! We both have a love for gardening and home improvements (someone else who is just as addicted to HGTV as I am...lol!) We spent the other day visiting nurseries like Furnies in Burien and Lowes in Tukwila. OK Lowes is hardware but they still have wonderful plants.
So today we wanted to head out again and visited a great little hole in the wall outdoor garden sculpture place, very cute frog there! We also stopped in at another wonderful little family run nursery, I think it was called Earlington's? Up in Renton, very friendly and helpful.

But my all time favorite place, where I could spend all day not to mention all my money was "Second Use" OMG I am in love! I was so tempted to ask if they had any positions available...lol! Second Use is a salvage center, mainly salvaged house parts from demo's. I have never seen so many wonderful old lights, fittings, knobs, doors, windows...etc mostly from old old houses.
I am so going back there with measurements and a list (should I be saying that, Dave if your reading I won't spend too much...lol!)
Anyway I will post here any treasures I find, hopefully something old that needs some restoring. I would love to find a new dinning table and chairs.
Check out their website link on the side of my blog, I can even shop there online, so dangerous!

1 comment:

Our growing family said...

I love places like this! Not only that it is recycling, but that you are getting a treasure and you get to be creative with it...your home will not be a cookie-cutter...it will be so unique!
Have fun! =)