Thursday, September 11, 2008

What a crazy busy week!

Between Kindergarten, Preschool, School buses, working out, PTA, Moms Group, Friends, Soccer, Karate.....my head is spinning!


But amongst all the chaos there is the "eye of the hurricane" that small window of time that I get to myself with out the whirlwind of craziness and demands. Four afternoons a week I get the freedom and flexibility to do anything (well almost anything...lol!) for three hours.


Soon my free time in the afternoons will be taken up with volunteering at the boys schools and doing PTA stuff. But in the meantime I have been enjoying strolls through local nurseries, time in my garden, even had a date with Dave...OMG!

Dave worked from home on Tuesday, the boys were both off to school, it was time for Dave to take a break surely.....what to do? So we went out for coffee at Vince's my favorite local coffee shop, no chocolate milk or toy cars, no interruptions or distractions, instead adult conversation and coffee! Love it!! We are going to try and do this once a month, sooooo special! We talked about what we want to do together, funny memories of our dating life, trips we want to take, the kids! And so much more. It was a wonderful way to spend a sunny, kid free afternoon.

2 comments:

Jill P said...

I am SO jealous of your date time with your hubby. It's something that is SO important in married relationships. I know Jeremy and I sure need it. We are getting away next weekend, but it just can't come soon enough!! Good for you and Dave, once a month is a great goal to have. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules
Hope you and Dave talked about a holiday back here in Aus!! Let me know if you plan to come back out - would love to catch up. Sus