Thursday, September 4, 2008

All by myself....
a mommies first day all by herself in 6yrs!


I miss him! Its now lunch time and I really miss him. Its nice to have just Thomas time, we spent the morning gardening and drawing out on the porch. Its been wonderful to have some special time with Thomas... But I can not stop wondering how Harry is doing? Off in the world without his mommy...ok, yes I am tearing up! and being sooo over protective.

His wonderful teacher Mrs Wilson asked the parents to fill out a questionnaire on our kids. This will help her get to know her new students and focus the curriculum based on their likes and interests. One of the questions asked was
"what do you hope your child will achieve in their kindergarten year?" A love of learning and a foundation that helps him love school.
"what is something wonderful about your child?" His sweet and caring nature, the way he is so empathetic and kind towards others. His imagination and creativity with inventing and story telling.
"What are some of his favorite things to do?" Invent contraptions, figure out how things work, build machines and buildings out of everything, tell stories, draw, rhyme.
It was a great little questionnaire, I feel so proud of my little guy!

Thomas is off to school now and I will have the next 3hrs to myself....whoo hooo! What to do?
Well I just got back from Lowes. What a wonderful hour of looking at plants without distraction. I am home now and have an hour before I need to go pick up Thomas. It feels really strange, I feel like I have left them at the store and I need to go back and get them. I am looking forward to this down time to really get back on top of the house work after a busy summer break!

I am heading out now to get Thomas and then meet Harry at the bus stop. I will update with how Harry went when I get back...I am so excited to see him!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Julia,
I miss my kiddo so much! I don't know what I will do when they are both off to school.
Amber

Dave Rule said...

I know what Julia can do when they are both off to school - but publishing this information in a public forum might be bad.

Christina said...

I wonder what this will be like when Cel starts in a few weeks. Enjoy your time of peace and quiet ;-) We'll have to meet one of these afternoons when we are both FREE!!!