Thursday, September 4, 2008

There is a room just for lunch!
Harry's stories from the first day of school...

Not only was he excited about the room (cafeteria) just for lunch, but he came home beaming with so many wonderful stories from the day.

I picked Harry up from the bus stop up the street, he literally jumped off the bus and into my arms from the top step, so excited to tell me of his first day!
He wore a beautiful shell necklace he made that day that he placed around my neck and a note pinned to his shirt from the teacher.

His excitement from the day was overwhelming, in a good way. I had not even had time to ask him how his day was "Mommy...the school has a room just for lunch!" Was the first thing to come out of his mouth. So fast and so full of excitement. I asked him what else he did today.....

"Mommy, there was a room for music too! I need to go back to school so I can learn some more things." Oh music to a mommies ears! "I made friends and sat with my legs crossed. The bus was loud and fast and went past Kat the Coffee lady" He barely took a breath.

That night he did not want to get undressed "If I get undressed I will not be ready for school and I don't want to wear my pj's to school, I need to wear big boy school clothes!" Together we organized his clothes for the remainder of the week so he would see that he wears a new outfit everyday. All stacked neatly in a hanging organizer.

I know I have used this word repeatedly but if I had to sum it all up into one word it would be....EXCITED!

1 comment:

Christina said...

YAY for great first days!!!! He looked so cute and it sounds like he loved school!!!