Wednesday, September 3, 2008


Harry's first day at Kindergarten ....
"Mommy, why do I go to school?" So you can learn lots of new things, like your letters, numbers, science....etc. Oh said Harry, that sounds cool!

Today was a day of many firsts...
First school lunch box packed
First day
choosing school clothes
First goodbyes at the school building
First day of the 12 plus school years ahead.....

Harry was so excited to start school, he could not sleep the night before and was up till 10pm!

He kept popping his head down the stairs saying "mommy, can I talk to you about school?" sure! He would ask me questions like, does the school close at night? do the teachers like it there? will it be a long day? I asked him if he was a little nervous? he said yes in a shy little voice, like he really didn't want to admit it, but the nerves where more than he could hide. He so badly wanted to be the big boy on the day! I think he was more excited for his first day than he has ever been for Christmas, just beautiful!


Beep, Beep, Beep! 6:30am school day! I was feeling the nerves and excitement today too! The big day was finally here. I woke Harry up, with his eyes closed still he said is it school today? As I replied yes, and a huge smile appeared on his sleepy face. Quick as a flash he was out of bed and getting dressed...so excited!
With his school bag already packed and lunch made we headed out to the car, the smile on his face was just infectious. You could not help but feel the joy of his first day of school.

We finally got to school and walked to his class, his eyes were so big and full of hope! The innocence and excitement was priceless and I sure hope it lasts. We reached his classroom and greeted his new teacher, Mrs Wilson was so excited to see Harry and welcomed him with open arms. Thomas too got a hug, very sweet! Bye Mom, Bye Mom, he was so excited to get on with his day. He lined up at the school door with his class and walked in with his new friends.

I kept a brave mommy face as I walked away, the tears started streaming the min I got to the car....my little guy is now in a world all on his own. I hope I have prepared him for this next adventure in his life.


I'll post more when he gets home!

2 comments:

Dave Rule said...

Wow, great to see Harry finally off to school.

Christina said...

Ok....I'm crying now! I so know how you feel/felt. And I am so glad he was so excited!!!