Monday, September 15, 2008

First ride on the school bus!

Thomas loves seeing the school bus go by in the morning. His two favorite toys at the moment are yellow school buses and he loves singing wheels on the bus, he's not obsessed but he does have a love for them!



The look on his face when he got to climb aboard today was priceless!

We saw the bus approaching from the top of the hill "school bus mommy! school bus mommy!" he would scream while jumping up and down, seriously! The excitement was so high pitched.

The doors opened and he looked at me, you could tell from the look that came to his face, he so badly wanted to go on but wasn't sure. "Go on, climb up" I said to him. He lifted his little leg, it just reached the first step, its so high off the ground. He reached the top of the stairs and looks around...."Harry? Harry?" He called "Where are you?" Thomas thought we where getting Harry from the bus. I continued to tell him that it is his school bus and it was going to take him to see teacher Becky, he just could not wait to sit down.

A little worried I said good bye, he looked a little worried too. As if to say "aren't you coming with me mommy?"
Off goes my big boy on his little yellow bus.

2 comments:

Jill P said...

Wow, what a HUGE moment!! I can't believe Thomas is riding the bus too! Where has the time gone??

kaseburg said...

What a great memory. I will be so sad and so happy at the same time when that days comes for us. Hopefully we will have another little one, so I won't miss "my baby" as much.