Monday, January 31, 2011

Homesick!

Yikes, I can't believe how homesick I am feeling at the moment! Once a year I'll usually miss home, family, sunshine beautiful Australia in general. But gosh I have never missed it this much before. I'm sure it's got a lot to do with the rainy miserable Seattle weather, christmas with no family, Oprah doing a week long show all over Aus. Not to mention the schooling/Medicals and the kids growing up, spending more time away from family.

Last week on the way to school Harry asked me, rather told me "Mommy, I want to live in Australia!" why Harry? "because it's always sunny and that makes me happy! I just want to live there!" wow, just what I need when I'm homesick! But can you blame him?

It's kinda funny to think that my boys have not yet lived in Aus. They have yet to really see what Australian culture is, what it's like to go play a game of backyard cricket at their cousins house or spend the afternoon at the beach when they get home from school.

While at the zoo yesterday, Harry came across this map.....


"Look mom, I'm in Australia!" Almost made me cry! I love living here and feel lucky for the opportunity, but Australia will always be home!


Posted via iPhone...love it!

1 comment:

Jill P said...

Awh, I'm sorry you are feeling so lonesome for your homeland. I'm cirtanly glad you are here in cold, rainy, WA. Although, you can't beat days like today. It was BEAUTIFUL! Hugs, my friend.