Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Look what arrived on my doorstep!

Full circle farms....


Last year I came across a wonderful deal on local organic produce. $16 for a $36 box of yumminess!
As I've been trying to implement more organics and local produce into our daily diet, I jumped at this offer.
I had a year to use the deal and figured I would wait until after the hustle of the holidays.
A week after putting my order in here it is and ready to eat...nom nom!


I was so excited to rip open the box and start creating a meal to go with the produce.
Here is what I received.....
•celery bunch
•shallots bunch
•apples x3
•carrots x4
•pears x3
•broccolette bunch
•oranges x4
•mango x1
•green beans .75lb
•tomatoes x2
•mushrooms .4lb
•parsley bunch

Most of it looked wonderful, not as much as I thought and not as local as they had promoted! In all honesty I won't use them again as it was pretty pricy (might do a price comparison at Fred Meyers, will post my findings) Also the quality was so-so.
But at the end of the day I have a box of organic fruit and veg for $16 and I didn't even leave he house. Time to get cooking!!!

Posted via iPhone...love it!

No comments: