Thursday, January 27, 2011

Broccoli-fest!

I might have gone a little over board on the broccoli the other day. But it's not often at 60c a pound...amazing! Five huge heads later, now what to do?
A broccoli cook off! Starting with a cheesy broccoli bake, creamy broccoli and sweet potato soup, tempura veggie's and some yummy sweet potato fries, I even tried turning the broc stems into shoestring fries, yum!



Now if only I could get my boys to eat any of it and not scrunch their noses up at the sight of it.
Even smothered in cheese and bribed with jelly and they still wouldn't touch it. One day!



What's not to love about a bake? Except when no one else eats it and you go for seconds. My scales don't love that!
Talking about cooking. I am excited to try my hand at some cooking classes this year. Maybe some exotics and middle-eastern styles. I'm loving cooking new things, especially when they work out. It's also been a great way of getting the kids to try new foods too. So fingers crossed they will try and love broccoli one day!

Posted via iPhone...love it!

No comments: