Monday, October 6, 2008

When the family is together.....
Make the most of it!

Dave was finally home, the count down on Friday was killing me as I could not stop looking at my watch. Knowing that in so many hours I would be swallowed up in his arms.
6pm whoo hoo, time for Dave's plane to arrive. Come on boys lets jump in the car, Daddy has landed in Seattle! (Does it really take only 7mins to get to the airport? Opps....)

It was a love hate moment, the love of seeing my man, but yet the hate of hearing that they want him to go back. I could not bare the thought, so I quickly changed the topic.
The boys were beside themselves at seeing Daddy, big hugs all around, plus the catch up of weeks worth of missed high fives and knuckles from Harry. The battle for Daddy's attention on the way home was hilarious, I had never seen the boys, especially Thomas, want to talk so much. And of cause Harry did the latest Power Ranger updates.

Back home we decided that as we only had a few days before Dave would be off again, that we were not going to waste our time being domestic....ha!

We ate out for every meal, we went on fun day trips and spent special family time together. First off it was Maltby for breakfast at the famous Maltby Cafe, where the tables are barely large enough for the plates...my god they serve huge meals! Then it was off to Snohomish for some antiquing...too fun! Sunday it was to Issaquah for our traditional IHOP breakfast and then off to the Annual festival "Salmon Days" where we got to see the wild Salmon swimming up stream, quite a sight.
All up it was a wonderful family weekend, time spent together creating sweet memories. I tried to push aside the thought of Dave leaving again, and tried to just enjoy the then and there!

I have some photos to come from our weekend adventures, they are on Dave's phone, so honey feel free to post them here if you want (or have the time?)

2 comments:

Jill P said...

It sounds like it was a perfect weekend and I'm so glad you dropped everything and had some Daddy time. The dishes and laundry can wait! Call me if you need someone to visit with, or someone to entertain the boys for a bit. :) Big Hugs!

Jenn said...

What a great weekend. Time together is soooo much better than anything! I ditto Jill, let me know if you need anything. I don't know how you do it! Hugs!!!