Monday, June 23, 2008

When I grow up.......

I want to be a designer! I received my diploma last year in Interior Decorating & Design. I am about to start a re-design and home staging course and can't wait! I just need to decide what school I want to do it through. I spent this morning reviewing my choices and I think I have narrowed it down to 3 favorites. Indecisive me just needs make the decision.
Earlier this year I worked my first home staging job, that was not a friend...yay a real job!
I loved it, it is totally what I want to do. Home staging is not a huge thing back in Aus but here in the states it's a popular way to help sell your home and give it the edge it needs in this crazy real estate market.

A quick blurb on what it is I do...

I go in to someones home (usually someone who is having trouble selling) and assess their house inside and out on why it is not selling. Going through room by room, documenting what works and doesn't work for a potential sale. I look at the different aspects potential buyers look at that could be a possible sale breaker. Help the seller de-clutter, depersonalise and help show off the properties best features. Re-work the flow of the house for optimum use, this helps gives the appearance of more square footage and overall more value for money. I also take this time to recommend any upgrades and fixes that may be required and then help them implement it all, its a lot of fun! It really is my passion....wish me luck!


No comments: