Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thomas Turns 4 Today!
My baby is not so much of a baby anymore...
The sign of a happy boy...cake face, transformer and birthday crown!

" I love my baby! Who is my baby? You are my baby!"
I have sung this to Thomas ever since he was tiny, laying in bed at night and snuggling with him while he twirls my hair through his little fingers, falling asleep.

Tonight I sang it in his ear and he says..."No mommy I'm your big boy now!" sob sob sob. My baby is no longer a baby but my big boy!

Well my big boy had a big boy party today to celebrate turning the FOUR!
He has been asking me for weeks for a transformer birthday cake, its been motivating him with his potty training and he has been doing really well.

Anyway, today is party day!

Yesterday the weather was in the high 80's and sunny, while this morning was overcast and quite cool...agh! It was meant to be sunny and hot! So much for our splash and play pool party...oh well. Time for plan b.

We played with play-dough and matchbox cars, decorated novelty bags with cool car stickers, whacked at a car pinata, lots of playtime outside in the yard, party food, birthday cake and presents...Few, what a FUN day!

The best part of the day were the smiles and hugs from my little man, they were so memorable.

2 comments:

Jill P said...

Love the shot of T with his crown and car. :)

Amber said...

Perfect little (big) boy party!