Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Flower Art...
I have a love/hate relationship with my Roses!





I had fun today taking pics of the beautiful flowers that are blooming in my garden this week.
So many breath taking colors! But today my favorite find is my rose bush out the back. Only 4mths ago I was cursing this plant, hacking it back to remove it, saying how much I hate rose's. But now look at it! Its like it thrives on my abuse and neglect, my type of plant!
They really are a thorn in myside....hahaha! I HATE cutting back rose bushes. Our last house in Kennydale sealed that for me, I had over 80 plants to cut back every year...yikes! My hands have never been the same since as evident from the gardening war wounds from the thorns.
I swore I would never have a rose bush in the next garden I have. Well despite all my effort to rid my garden of these thorny beasts, they thrive and honestly I think I am falling in love....

2 comments:

Jill P said...

Beautiful pics, Julia. Your roses look wonderful!

elaida said...

Gorgeous photos Julia!