Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The BIG Boy talk...
Gosh he is growing up!

Its funny how as a mom you want to hold on to that little baby for as long as you can! Its a hard thing to let your little baby grow up, especially when they may be your last, maybe? You want them to stay little and snuggly forever!
But when do you put that aside and take the step to help them grow into the "Big Boy" they need to be?
It was so different with Harry, I think being our first, we knew we wanted another baby so it was easier to accept his growing up. He was so independent too. When Harry was little, he would pretty much decide for himself when he would do things, like giving up his paci or finally deciding to use the potty. You couldn't talk him into it, he had to "get it" on his own time.

Thomas on the other hand is so different....


Tonight we could not find "bop bop" for those of you that don't know, that is what we call his pacifier...and yes he still has one to sleep with! Well, not now! As he is nearly 4yrs old and we could not find it, what a perfect oppurtunity to take the "Big Boy" step and have a talk.

At first he insisted that he was still a baby and wanted his bop bop. But once I told him that he is a big boy and that he is turning 4 in 2 weeks and that means a birthday party, he started coming around! I asked him who he wanted to come, what type of cake he would like and games we could play. He was so excited to have a "Big Boy" Birthday party with trucks and transformers.

Thomas (as he puts his head on his pillow) - "Mommy I'm a big boy, see I'm sleeping with no bop bop. I want a transformer party!" ahh the motivation, but what ever it takes, right!

He is so excited to be a big boy, going potty, sleeping like a big boy....he's growing up!

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh how I can relate! Now that we're 99.99% sure Jack will be our last, I just want to slow everything down. I don't want him to grow up, I want him to be a mama's boy forever!!

elaida said...

Awww I can't believe he's going to be 4! I think he and Gabriel need to just quit it, and both stay babies.

By the way, you "THINK" he's your last? Hmmmmm?!