Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Tooth Fairies first visit!

The sound! The blood curdelling scream from the bathroom! Oh my goodness, you would have thought he lost an arm...."Mommy, Mommy my tooth is hurting and its moving!" said Harry.

6pm - The sign of his first wobbly tooth....scarred and not sure what was happening, comes to me in tears, wobbling his tooth furiously with his tongue!

6:01pm - Finding out this is normal for teeth, that it will fall out and an adult tooth will grow in its place. (Scream) And apparently the world is going to end too! Seriously he thought all his teeth were going to fall out and he would never be able to eat again. He wanted me to fix it, take him to the hospital, do something! (Not to mention his other concern, Mommy if my adult teeth come, does that mean I will be an adult and get married and move out? But I don't want to be an adult yet, I'm just a little kid! Hahaha, the things that stem from a wobbly tooth...Oh my!)

6:10pm - What felt like hours of explaining what was going on, not to mention tears and over reacting. Harry started accpeting that loosing teeth is totally normal and he finally calmed down.

6:20pm - After looking at his tooth in the mirror again for the 20th time. Wobbling it with his tongue, playing with it, really who can leave a wobbly tooth alone?
(Scream! Tears!) "Mommy it fell out! It fell out! And I'm bleeding everywhere!" Again, the world was going to end....sigh! This was a hard thing to explain to him, we had no warning he even had a wobbly tooth, I was not prepared. Part of me was finding it hard and emotional that my little boy was growing up, not to mention scarred! The other part of me was finding it a little amussing due to the over reacting to the situation and the comments he was coming out with. I guess as an adult we know whats happening! Its just a wobbly tooth, right!

6:30 - Finally calming him down I was able to explain to him that there is a perk to all this.
The Tooth Fairy....Whooo Hoooo! Everything was going to be alright...lol! And for the first time I saw his new toothless smile. All tears ceased! He asks if the Tooth Fairy will bring him a power ranger? I said the tooth fairy brings money. Oh now I've done it I thought, he'll expect $20 or something. "Will she bring me a quater?" Harry said. "Sure, she can bring you a quater, you lucky boy!" Yay, a cheap tooth fairy...ahhhh!

We wrote the tooth fairy a letter and thanked her for coming to visit! I can not wait to see the look on his face in the moring when he sees the shiny quater left under his pillow...ah the inocence of believing!

3 comments:

Jill P said...

Adorable story, Julia! I can't wait to see that toothless smile!

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief! What a dramatist! He does keep life amusing though. I don't think I could have kept a a straight face. He'd have been really ticked with me. Please take a photo of his toothless smile.
mum

Taryn said...

Oh that is so funny. A quarter! What a bargain. Lana decided that the first tooth should be the most lucrative - at $2!