Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lights Camera Action.....
Harry's Spotlight week at school!

This took place a few weeks ago and now that I am typing about it, I may have already posted a blog, but here are some photos of the special week.
Each week, Teacher Wilson chooses a student to focus on. This is a great opportunity for the class to really get to know the focus kid, ask questions, share stories, be the class helper for the week...Not to mention feel very special!

It came at the most perfect timing, we had just returned to the states from our Aussie trip...
Here are some pics from the day:

Here is Harry introducing me to the class and answering questions the kids had about our family. I think he really liked standing up the front, having the power to chose what child got to ask a question next, pointing to them saying its your turn, or saying to another they had to wait...ha! I was his show and tell for the day, he introduced me to the class as his mommy "isn't she beautiful" Oh Harry you are a total charmer...very sweet! I talked to the kids about Australia, showed them some pictures and read "Possum Magic" it was so much fun and for a moment I really missed teaching...but that moment passed! 24 kids, I don't know how teacher Wilson does it?

The yummy cupcakes Harry and I made for his class as a special treat...

I'm so proud of my big school boy, he is adapting to school so well and is growing in leaps and bounds....keep it up Harry!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, Julia. I have been loving the scrapping now that I seem to have more time for it... But now Jim is complaining that I never come to bed! That can't be all good. Love hearing about Harry's adventures at school. Glad he had fun sharing Aussie stories. We had something similar last year where Hayden got to tell his class that he was born in the USA, and share lots of stories from the good ole days. They even played baseball (teeball) for a whole week, and made popcorn, and he made me sing the star-spangled banner to the whole class (luckily 5 year olds are not too fussy).