Saturday, April 10, 2010

Love struck in Paris.....

Oh, how I love you!

Paris, the city of romance! The place your heart falls in love! Well I totally feel in love, with a little French man who made me the best Nutella crepe ever! OK, so maybe its really the crepe I fell in love with...but OMG, talk about love at first bite! (corny I know)

As we finished up in our last souvenir place after Notre-Dame, we came across the smell of something so sweet and chocolaty, we had keep walking to find it. Next to the souvenir store was a cafe with a cute little crepe cart set up out the front. While the smell lured us it was the site of the freshly cooking crepes and the Nutella jar the size of cookie jar that did it for me. I had to have one!
We ordered our crepes without hesitation. Standing there with our mouths drooling as he slathered the hot crepe with gooey nutella goodness, we couldn't wait to eat it. It was amazing! Every bite was incredible, lightly crunchy crepe on the outside, melted nutella yumminess on the inside. Seriously i think I went "mmmm" with every mouthful. 4e never tasted so good!
We sat and enjoyed our crepes in a little cafe called Esmeralda's. We ordered cappuccinos, which had a funky spice sprinkled on top, but seriously I didn't care, it was hot and caffeinated, perfect. The rain was coming down outside, as we people watched from the warmth of our cafe window, which looked out over Notre-Dame. What a memorable stop for lunch. By the time we left he rain had turned to a Seattle drizzle, great timing!

1 comment:

Jill P said...

Drooling here....sounds amazing!