Friday, April 23, 2010

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?.......

While buckling Thomas into his car seat today, I noticed a shadow fly over the car. It must of been a plane I thought, but there was no noise? I looked up and there flying over head was the largest Bald Eagle I had ever seen. And not only one but two of them, with their babies.
I stood there with my mouth wide open, gasping at their size and closeness to the car. They swooped by and landed high up in the neighbors tree. I watched for a while, mesmerized. Do I get the camera and miss seeing them fly off? or do I risk it and get some snaps? Quickly I ran inside grabbed the camera to find they were still there. So heavy that one was bending the top of the tree down, the other was in towards the trunk.
It was so sweet watching them watch their baby birds, probably learning to fly...what a treat to witness.
This is what I saw.....

4 comments:

Amber said...

I have seen tons of bald eagles this season throughout our area. Such a treat! I'm glad you risked taking pictures.

Jill P said...

Awesome!!! Jenn and I keep getting glimpses of them along the cedar river trail. Aren't they amazingly huge and beautiful?? Lucky for you to see them so close with their young.

Anonymous said...

Wow, they're amazing. It's such a terrific moment to see such wonderful birds. Glad you decided to get the camera.
love mum

Thomas said...

Must be very cool up there. I wish I could live ther myself.

Good Luck and Peace to you!