Saturday, November 22, 2008

Home Work!

With being so confined to the house lately, with sick kids. I have focused my energy into looking after the kids and getting them better as well as getting the house organized! I'll be the first to admit that keeping house is not my strength in fact I really do suck at it! With Dave out of town so much over the last 3 months I have come to not rely on him for any help around the house, gosh its all up to me and its been quite the eye opener!


Dishes in the sink, missing shoes, the mad dash to get the kids on the bus! Well that was the old me. I have been doing my home work, literally! I have been reading lots of books, looking things up online and then trying it out for myself. Learning how to look after and organize a home! Even the boys are now not accepting mess and are picking up after themselves....Victory on the home front!





I have been reading this wonderful book called "House Works" by Cynthia Towney Ewer and it has changed my life! Gone are the days of my messy house determining what I did that day. Do I stay home and clean or get out so I don't have to deal with it? Do I organize to meet a friend at a park because my house is to messy for company? instead now I'm in control and organized! Its all about routine and taking one little step at a time...and it's a wonderful, freeing feeling.


One of my favorite quotes "Do you suffer from CHAOS? Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome!"


So this is my Declaration of the new me!

Here are some websites that I'm addicted too....
http://organizedhome.com
http://flylady.net
http://www.busy-moms-online.com/

5 comments:

Our growing family said...

GREAT JOB!!!
I too have been organizing and purging and cleaning...it is such a wonderful feeling!!!
I will have to check out those links!
thanks!

Amber said...

It feels so good to organize things! I applaud you Julia, great job working toward a goal, I don't think we do that enough as grown ups.
Amber

Our growing family said...

i just got a chance to check out the sites...they are great! i think i have heard of fly lady...is she the one who said to first start with your kitchen sink and you will get your whole house in order? i heard about that a few years ago and i tried it...it really helped me and still continues to help!! I love having a clean sink...and house too!
keep up the great work you amazing mama!

Jill P said...

Ahhhh, it feels good to have a clean house and be organized. Good job, Mamma! It's not easy to balence life with kids and taking care of your home. Neat resources.

veronica antal said...

Hey Julia, I suck at house work too. I never wanted to be a Mom whose house work came before her kids but unfortunately the clutter has taken over. I have heard of the Fly Lady before and I think I should start with her babysteps. Thanks for the motivation.