Saturday, December 25, 2010

Wake-up! Wake-up! Wake-up!!!

To my surprise, I was the one wanting to scream this to the boys this year! 8am and I was up and ready for Christmas day. But where were the kids? Where was the usual screaming "wake-up! Wake-up! Wake-up!" from two frantic boys, dying to see what was waiting for them under the tree? Where was the screaming "what did Santa bring me?" I was the one wanting to jump on the bed this year, I was too excited with anticipation. I could not wait to see the boys faces as they opened their presents! But where were they?......Sound asleep!

Finally after what seemed like hours, waiting patently in bed for the boys to come screaming in...it came!!! "Mom, dad, it's Christmas! WAKE-UP!" what happened next really was a blur of running jammies and contagious excitement!! We got down to the tree and it was pressie time! It really is the most magical day of the year!

The first present that was given was from Harry. He had made it at school and had been dying to give it to us for weeks. (I loved that giving was the first thing on his mind, my sweet boy!)


Next, came the frenzy of flying wrappings, squeals of joy and the sound of ripping paper as they discovered their Santa gifts. Beyblades for Harry and a skateboard for Thomas, just what they had asked for, they were so happy and grateful!
YouTube Video
They really did have a very lucky Christmas, with many beautiful new things. We bought Harry a new bike (blue of cause) and Thomas scored a bunch of Lego sets....both as happy as piggies in mud!

YouTube Video


Christmas this year was priceless, giving spirit and gratitude was definitely in the air and my fav gift of all was watching the boys open their pressies and give to each other....beautiful!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: